Sunday, February 20, 2011

Matias Vuoso - Clint Mathis' long lost twin

So a couple of Sundays ago I was flipping through the channels and stopped on Univision's Republica Deportiva show. Pretty good show, lots of soccer highlights from Europe and Mexico, and purdee girls in tight fitting clothing. Anywho, they started to show some highlight of Club America when lo and behold I see Clint Mathis making passes and scoring goals.

I had no idea Mathis was playing in Mexico (especially since I thought Clint had retired) but I thought it was pretty cool because he was playing so well. Although he still seemed to have that "run half the time at an elderly pace" pace. Then they interviewed him after the game and he spoke Spanish perfectly. That's when I started to think something was a miss, I didn't think Mathis spoke Spanish.

Then they flashed a graffic on the screen and I felt betrayed, it wasn't Mathis at all but a chap by the name of Matias Vuoso.

Creepy, the guy could be Mathis' twin. He ran like Mathis, kicked the ball like Mathis and even had the mohawk going. I felt dumb which is nothing new so I continued to channel surf until my embarassment faded.



No comments: