Sunday, July 26, 2026

World Cup final - what was that garbage?


So, a week has gone by and I guess I will finally post something about the World Cup final.

I won't say much, you already know what I'm thinking. What the hell was that?

I watched the whole game, from start to finish. I know, I'm surprised too. And my wife watched it with me, and she pretty much knows nothing about soccer. I did take her to a few RSL games while we were dating back around 2005, 2006, but she really knows nothing about the game.

All she kept saying though was stuff like, "Argentina plays dirty", "Oh, I don't like Messi" and "How long is this game going to last?". 

Yeah, it was a grueling game to watch, and it was even worse watching it with someone who was not immune to the ugliness that soccer games sometimes become.

I have for a long time now been saying Messi is crap, that he is not the GOAT, far far from it. It takes me back to the World Cup final in 2014 when Messi was starting to get a lot of hype and Argentina took on Germany in the final. Messi sucked that game !!!!

I was screaming "how can they say this guy is the world's best?" !

Back then they didn't call him the GOAT, actually I don't think that term was really in use yet. But they were saying he was the world's best.

Anyway, he proved it then and he proved it again just now, he is not. So let's stop saying that he is, shall we?

So the world cup is over, I'm glad Spain won. There is no way Argentina deserved to win that game the way that they played.

It is okay to forget about soccer now, seriously. It was fun there for a little bit but we need to come back to our senses now. Oh, I saw a reel on Instagram the other day, it said something like "I decided to give MLS a chance after watching the world cup and then I saw this."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FA1_HaqcTY

Watch the above video of the highlights from the recent Chicago Fire @ Miami game, watch what happens about 47 seconds into the highlights.

Yeah, c'mon guys, let's move on. 

There are plenty of bullfights to watch on Onetoro TV for those who are ready to put the childish games away and watch something that matters. 


P.S. 

I posted a video from Jim Rome as you can see up above, he has never been a soccer fan (although it sounds like he as been cutting soccer some slack lately) but really rips things apart now like no one else can. 

No comments: